Dynamic Tampa Attorney Helps Foreign Nationals Live and Work in the U.S.

Responsive Florida lawyer handles a range of immigration issues

The U.S. immigration system is daunting, and trying to navigate it without fully understanding all the legal requirements could easily result in negative consequences. At McCarter Law Offices PA in Tampa, I represent clients in Hillsborough and Miami-Dade counties in many types of immigration issues and understand how vital a good result is in each case. I have detailed knowledge of U.S. immigration laws and policies and am eager to discuss the merits of your case. Whether you need assistance with obtaining an employer-sponsored visa, are seeking asylum or have questions about getting renewing your green card, I will explain what to expect in your case and work to achieve the best possible outcome.

Knowledgeable counselor assists people with acquiring visas

A visa allows a foreign national to enter and remain in the U.S. on either a permanent or temporary basis. Immigrant visas are issued to non-citizens intending to permanently live and work in the U.S. and are typically secured through a sponsoring family member or employer. This visa ultimately results in the holder being issued a permanent residence card (also known as a green card). Foreign nationals with specialized skills, investors and other individuals with special circumstances may also apply for immigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visas, by contrast, are temporary and issued for specific purposes, such as travel, study, business, medical treatment and selected types of temporary work. The visa application and renewal process can vary. I understand the complexities of the system and will ensure your application is properly prepared and stays on track throughout the process.

Capable law firm resolves green card issues

Green cards allow a foreign national to permanently live and work in U.S. and are typically valid for 10 years. To be eligible, a person must fall into certain recognized categories. The common ones are:

  • Relative of a U.S. citizen
  • Employed in the U.S.
  • Refugee or asylum status
  • Human trafficking and crime victim

In addition, spouses and unmarried minor children of green card applicants are permitted to file derivative applications. The paperwork and deadlines to secure a green card can be overwhelming. I will attentively shepherd your application through this process and work to efficiently resolve your case.

Determined advocate fights to secure asylum and refugee status for clients

Individuals with a well-founded fear of persecution in their home country based on race, religion, nationality, group membership or political affiliation may seek safe harbor in the U.S. as a refugee or asylee. Whether they apply for asylum or refugee status depends upon their location when the application is filed. Applications made outside the U.S. are designated as refugee seekers, and those made at a port of entry or after entering the U.S. are asylum seekers. The U.S. has strict qualification and renewal regulations that are easy to misunderstand. I am dedicated to helping the persecuted find safe refuge and will fight to secure the refugee or asylum status you need.

Contact a committed Florida attorney to schedule a free consultation

At McCarter Law Offices PA, I represent clients throughout Hillsborough and Miami-Dade Counties in immigration matters. Please call 813-955-9474 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation at my Tampa office.